Wednesday, August 31, 2011

mental health day

every day is a mental health day for her
On Monday my daughter called from school with a stomach ache.  These stomach aches are becoming a bit of a thing with her, and are usually the result of some stern words from one of her teachers.  Sometimes I talk her into going back to class and sometimes I let her come home.  On Monday I let her come home (she was particularly pathetic).  We talked about how she needed to face her problems and accept her mistakes.  I believe that, and I hope she gets better at dealing with problems.  But I also think, everybody needs a mental health day once and a while.  She read some books and did her homework, we went to the supermarket.  It was nothing special or particularly indulgent, but it seemed to be just what she needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment