- We are pretty used to apartment life. Which is a good thing because we will be here two more weeks than planned. We are used to it, but I can't wait to get back home. The apartment's default smell is feet and I'll be honest, it bothers me. No one else seems to notice it, and I'm not into artificial air fresheners so I'm not really doing anything about it. But every time I open a closet, or even the kid's rooms after a day of being closed up, I am hit by a wall of yucky feet smell. I want to go home.
- On Monday, my quads killed! I have never been so sore from a race. Heels were pretty much out of the question for me all week. I taught all my classes standing up because just the thought of going from sitting to standing made me wince.
- We picked out all the tile for our reno las weekend. It was nerve-wracking and exciting and it took way longer than we expected. This weekend is all all about sinks and toilets. Wish me luck! I'll try to remember to take some pictures of how everything is going and post them on Monday.
- We are on another long weekend because Monday is a day of mourning for a dead ex-president. The kids are thrilled and I'm hoping we can get lots done.
- As a long time fan af the Beastie Boys, I was very sad to learn of Adam Yauch's passing. He seemed like a particularly decent human. Rest in peace MCA.
I have no recipe this week. I have been trying to make a decent chocolate cake in the rental kitchen with little success, well really with no success. The other night my daughter said, "this would make the perfect prank cake; it looks really good but tastes really bad." Too much baking soda (I don't have any measuring cups or spoons) and too hot an oven resulted in the grossest chocolate cake possible. I'll let you know if I get it right.