Wednesday, January 4, 2012

here we go...


Christmas always kind of gets me down and this year was no exception. The holiday bustle of the city made me feel anxious. The traffic was horrid and the stores were full. Every person I encountered in the week before Christmas seemed fraught and ill-humoured. Every time I went out to do some kind of holiday errand I came back in the blackest, lowest mood. And I had no reason to feel anxious or stressed, we were planning the most low-key Christmas possible. It was just in the air, all that stress and expectation. We did, in the end, have a very mellow Christmas. Thankfully, Panama is back to her less-crazy self, and I made it through December.

We had a wonderful week in Costa Rica. It was exactly what we all needed. We spent time with old friends and visited some of our favourite spots. And I ran. I ran on the beach and it was good for my soul. My holiday blues were totally cured. 

My first night class of the year is tonight. 2012 here we go...

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to visit Costa Rica. Running on the beach sounds marvelous. Happy New Year Laura!

    ReplyDelete