- I am suffering from some terrible hay fever this week. All that runny-nosed, self-pity has kind of dulled my senses--forgive me, I haven't been very observant this week.
- I am tired of taxis. I flagged down six taxis yesterday before finding one that would take me home. Taxis here charge by zone, so it's much better for them to make lots of short trips in the same area. It is challenging to get a taxi to go across town at rush hour. I had to plead with the sixth taxi. Please, my kids are waiting for me to get home. I felt pathetic but it was effective.
- My eight-year-old has discovered the telephone this vacation. She spends hours on the phone with one of her friends. It's cute (like when she tells her friend about the boys at camp), annoying (a discussion about the plot of Sponge Bob) and a little alarming (isn't this teenage behaviour?) all at the same time.
- I am tutoring an eight-year-old boy. The goal is conversational fluency, so we pretty much spend the hour playing board games and reading. It's fun.
- This helped me get through this itchy-nosed, watery-eyed week:
This is the recipe I regularly use for chocolate chip cookies(it's stuck to the side of my fridge). I usually use all whole-wheat flour: