Wednesday, September 14, 2011

downtime


The girls have this week off.  The school year here is trimestral with a week off between terms.  I came back from my run this morning to find them still sleeping (and they are still sleeping, even now after my breakfast and coffee).  I am tempted to shower and crawl in with them.  But I have things to do and this is their holiday not mine.  Soon enough they will be stomping down the stairs looking for breakfast.

Yesterday I was reading about positive visualization for race preparation.  I believe in the power of the mind and I have no doubt about the benefit of this kind of thing.  But strangely, the dream I was having when I woke up this morning was like a negative visualization.  I was at a half marathon, but I hadn't had breakfast and I didn't even have the chip on my shoe.  I was trying to quickly drink some water and find my chip when the race started....  I felt so stressed out and then thankfully I woke up (to go for a run).  I guess I'm a little worried about this upcoming half-marathon.  And while I visualize doing well and feeling strong during the day, during the night my brain is working out the part about feeling like a loser.

I'm tired and I'm looking forward to a couple of days at the beach with no running.  I think my brain and my legs need a bit of a recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment