Friday, November 11, 2011

5 observations and reese's pieces cookies


  1. Kids are amazing storytellers. The above picture is of the epic my daughter and her best friend are working on. It's Shakespeare. There are fart jokes, and references to characters from video games and there are characters from Hindu, Egyptian and Greek mythology. They are totally blowing my mind.
  2. I get a little too caught up in local politics and I drive my husband crazy by talking about it all the time. With all the corruption and intrigue it's like a novel. I am riveted and usually a little indignant.
  3. Our home is beginning to look to look a little like a farm (or zoo). The guy who cuts my grass offered to sell me a couple of ñeques (agoutis). Of course I told him no, as there really are enough animals in my house, and also I'm pretty sure it's illegal to have ñeques as pets.
  4. Look up. For the past couple of weeks the skies have been full of birds. The raptors are migrating South and it's been an awesome sight to see them.
  5. Not surprisingly, this is good:


Yesterday was a national holiday (Nov. 10 marks the date of the first cry of independence--from Spain) so we had a house full of girls. My two favourite eight-year-olds made these cookies:
They used this recipe:
Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Cookies

2 comments:

  1. Those cookies, seriously I gained 5 lbs just looking at them. To die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and can you believe I didn't even have one! There were too many kids in my house--I didn't have a chance.

    ReplyDelete